– Press release
The Bishop Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau recently conducted an election to select new members to serve on its Board of Directors.
Newly elected, re-elected and appointed members include:
– David Bhakta, representing Holiday Inn Express
– Kamal Bhakta, representing Days Inn and La Quinta
– Pete Korngiebel, representing Community Printing & Publishing
– Corinna Korpi, representing Alta One Federal Credit Union
– Sam Patel, representing Vagabond Inn
– Scott Piercey, representing High Country Lumber
– Chris Plakos, individual member
– Sally Symons, representing the Eastern Sierra Tri-County Fairgrounds
Continuing Board Members include:
– Julie Faber, representing Mountain Studio and Coso Operating Company
– Todd Lembke, representing New-Cali Landscapes
– Jennifer Roeser, representing McGee Creek Pack Station
– Cheryl Underhill, representing VFW, Lions, Altrusa, ESBCA and Elks Lodge
– Debi Yerkes, representing Alex Printing
Greg Allen, Rohit Bhakta and Manny Singh will be retiring from the Board when the new members take office on July 1st. “We so appreciate the dedicated service and we’ll definitely miss them,” states current Board President Julie Faber. “They’ve all agreed to continue to help out as needed and that’s awesome,” added Faber.
2015/2016 Chamber Board President will be Cheryl Underhill and offices of Vice President and Treasurer will be selected at the June 18th Board Meeting. The all-volunteer board meets monthly to provide leadership, oversight and direction to BACCVB staff. Meetings are always on the third Thursday of the month and follow the networking luncheons. Meetings are open to all members, guests and interested community members.
“Our community is extremely fortunate to have such a terrific group of individuals serving as Board Members for the Bishop Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau,” states Tawni Thomson, Chamber Executive Director. “This group represents a wide variety of interests and they possess a vast array of talents. We truly appreciate their commitment and spirit of volunteerism. Congratulations to all and thanks for serving.”
For more information, please contact the Bishop Chamber office at (760) 873-8405.