Brush Fire in Bishop

Just before 4:00 pm Tuesday, the Bishop Volunteer firefighters were called out to a brush fire off See-Vee Lane. The fire was burning in willow trees, grass and brush along the trail between the Elementary School and the Reservation.

This fire was burning close to the location of another brush fire that occurred last summer. With little wind, the firefighters were able to get a handle on the flames in short order. Little to no growth was seen once the volunteers arrived on scene. The fire was contained at roughly fifty feet by fifty feet.

There was no lightning in the area so this fire is listed as human caused. With humidity relatively high, Bishop Fire Chief Ray Seguine said he didnt believe that the fire could have been caused by a cigarette, but more likely a hot start, perhaps a lighter or matches started this fire. Inyo Sheriff Deputies could be seen interviewing people in the area.

The fire was knocked down in a matter of minutes, but with burned trees and logs, firefighters were on scene longer to make sure the fire was dead out.


No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

KSRW · 1280 N. Main St. Suite J · Bishop, CA 93514 · 760-873-5329
Positive Projections Web Design