Lots of folks in the Eastern Sierra now come forward to help the people wholost everything in the Big Pine fire.
After a community meeting at the town hall, we talked to Methodist Church Reverend Karen Moore. She gave us a run down of ways to help and aid available to fire victims:
* Big Pine School website includes lists of info. www.bp.k12.ca.us
* Donations to a bank account at AltaOne Federal Credit Union
* Clothes, food, housewares and other items available at the Methodist Church from sunrise to sunset. Also, you can donate items by taking them to the church.
* A free dinner Friday night, 4 to 7pm at the Methodist Church. Bring Kmart or Vons cards to give to families in need.
* IMACA will receive donations and offer aid for accommodations to those in need.
* High Country Market in Big Pine will receive donations and set up accounts for families.
* The First Baptist Church of Big Pine will help with food, clothing and shelter. Go to the church at 293 Chestnut St.
* Month to month rentals are needed for fire victims. If you know of rentals, contact Reverend Karen Moore or Big Pine School.
* Tom’s Place will accept donations for victims of the Center Fire.
* The Big Pine Post Office will take donations.
* Alex Printing will offer free copy service for all victims of the Center Fire.
* Preferred Septic will donate toilets, roll-off bins and dumpsters. 873-5699