Chris Fire Burns an Estimated 200 Acres
Bridgeport, Calif., Nov. 13, 2017 – The 200-acre Chris Fire is actively burning on the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest’s Bridgeport Ranger District west of US Highway 395 about five miles north of Sonora Junction, near Chris Flat Campground. The fire is actively burning in grass, brush, and timber.
U.S. Route 395 is closed both northbound and southbound from Bridgeport, California, to the Nevada State Line. Access to California State Route 108 is available for Northbound Highway 395 travelers, as well as access to Walker, California, for Southbound Highway 395 travelers. Large trucks will not have access and must use detours. For the latest highway and detour information, please visit the Caltrans QuickMap site at quickmap.dot.ca.gov or call the Road Condition Hotline at 1-800-427-ROAD (7623).
For additional fire information, please call (775) 771-4777 or look for updates on the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest Facebook and Twitter pages https://twitter.com/
Caltrans news release
FULL CLOSURE of U.S. 395
U.S. 395 CLOSED FROM BRIDGEPORT TO NEVADA STATE LINE
BISHOP — California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and the California Highway Patrol (CHP) have closed U.S. 395 until further notice due to a wildfire at Chris Flat.
- Full closure: Northbound and Southbound U.S 395 from Bridgeport, CA to the Nevada State Line.
- UPDATE: Currently, access to State Route 108 is available for Northbound U.S. 395 travelers, as well as access to Walker for Southbound U.S. 395 travelers. LARGE TRUCKS WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS AND MUST USE DETOURS.
- Detour: Recommended detours
- Traveling North, take State Route 182, South of Bridgeport, to Nevada 338 to Nevada 208, connecting again with U.S. 395 just Northeast of Topaz Lake.
- Traveling South, take Nevada 208, to Nevada 338 to State Route 182, connecting South of Bridgeport with U.S. 395.
For the latest highway information please visit the Caltrans QuickMap site at quickmap.dot.ca.gov or call the Road Condition Hotline at 1-800-427-ROAD (7623).
For the safety of workers and other motorists, please Be Work Zone Alert.