Heavy Smoke Damage After Fire at Highlands

Just after 3:00 pm Wednesday afternoon the Bishop Volunteer Firefighters were called out to the Highlands Mobile Home Community after a neighbor reported seeing smoke coming from a double-wide. The owner was not home at the time.

When fire fighters arrived on scene, they quickly went to work to find the source of the smoke and extinguish it.

Bishop Fire Chief Ray Seguine reports that the cause of the fire was a broken ceiling fan in the bathroom. The fan overheated and melted down, leading to burning drips that lit the carpet on fire. Seguine reports that the structure only suffered minor damages, but the home was heavily smoke-damaged throughout from the smoldering carpet.

 

 
No comments yet.

Leave a Reply



KSRW · 1280 N. Main St. Suite J · Bishop, CA 93514 · 760-873-5329
Positive Projections Web Design