MAMMOTH LAKES CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND MAMMOTH LAKES FIRE DEPARTMENT TO HOLD FLAG RAISING CEREMONY ON VETERANS DAY
October 23, 2013 – We invite all Veterans, their families and the community to join the Mammoth Lakes Chamber of Commerce and the Mammoth Lakes Fire Department in a special Veteran’s Day flag raising ceremony to honor all Veterans of our Nation. Veterans, we would be proud to see you in uniform. The event includes honored guests, featured speakers and patriotic music. We invite you all to join us to honor those who have served.
The ceremony will take place on Monday, November 11, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. at the flag pole outside the Mammoth Lakes Fire Department at 3150 Main Street, Mammoth Lakes, CA.
For more information, contact the Mammoth Lakes Chamber of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veterans Day Special Event at Manzanar
Join the rangers and staff at Manzanar National Historic Site in honoring Owens Valley veterans on Monday, Nov. 11, 2013, at Manzanar National Historic Site. Activities will begin at 11 a.m. and will include:
- Darrell Kunitomi presenting a one-man show about his uncle, who fought and died in WWII as a member of the famed 442nd Regimental Combat Team.
- Maggie Palchak, Paralympic sport program coordinator for Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra, will talk about her work with Wounded Warriors.
- Ross Stone and other members of the Big Pine Paiute Tribe honoring veterans with Paiute songs.
- A video tribute to veterans with photos submitted by Owens Valley residents.
- Audience members will be invited to share stories of veterans in their families.
- Ranger-guided tour of Block 14 barracks and mess hall.
Manzanar National Historic Site Visitor Center is open daily (except Dec. 25) from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The center is located six miles south of Independence off U.S. Highway 395. All exhibits are free and open to the public. To learn more about Manzanar, visit www.nps.gov/manz or call 760.878.2194, ext. 3310. Manzanar is also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ManzanarNationalHistoricSite.