– PRESS RELEASE FROM THE MAMMOTH LAKES POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Mammoth Lakes Police-Community Hispanic Advisory Committee has finalized plans for the next Town Hall meeting scheduled for Friday, May 24 at 4:30 p.m. The Town Hall meeting will be held in the Emerald Room at the Grand Sierra Lodge, 1111 Forest Trail.
Presentations will be made by the following:
• Immigration rights attorney Lazaro Salazar will discuss immigration issues and answer questions.
• Representatives from the Mexican Consulate on the services they provide.
• The Mammoth Lakes Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) to help prepare for disasters.
• Wild Iris Domestic Violence Prevention
• There will also be an Open Forum where questions can be asked of representatives of these agencies along with the Mammoth Lakes Police Department and the Mono County Sheriff’s Department.
Interpreters will be present and it will be possible for attendees to ask questions anonymously by way of using index cards. Food will be provided and there will be supervised child care.
The Hispanic Advisory Committee was created in late 2010 in an effort to build trust and improve communications between the Police Department and the Hispanic community of Mammoth Lakes.