No Day of Rest for the Bishop Volunteers

No day of rest yesterday for the Bishop Volunteers. Fire Chief Ray Seguine reports that at 10:40 Sunday morning the firefighters responded to a structure fire on Shepard Lane. There the volunteers found the on demand water heater burning in a small side unit. Chief Seguine reports that the cause of the fire was the improperly installed water heater which didnt have the right sized flue.

Just after one oclock the Volunteers were called out again for a report of two inch deep water at a woodworking shop on Willow Street. Volunteers worked to pump the water out. Chief Seguine explained that a broken pipe in the attic caused this incident.

Shortly before 6:00 in the evening, the Volunteers responded to a burning single wide on Winuba. When the firefighters arrived, the trailer was 50% involved according to Seguine. The fire fighters went to work to knock the blaze down, but the fire had been burning for awhile before anyone saw it and called it in.

Chief seguine reports that while there were no utilities hooked up to the trailers, someone had been living in it. He reports that the cause of this fire was a cigarette discarded in the bedroom.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

KSRW · 1280 N. Main St. Suite J · Bishop, CA 93514 · 760-873-5329
Positive Projections Web Design