“Spontaneous Combustion” Causes Trailer to Burn in Bishop

The Bishop Volunteer Fire Fighters put out a trailer fire on Barlow Lane Sunday afternoon. The call came in at about 1:30 Sunday. When the firefighters arrived on scene, Fire Chief Ray Seguine reports that the blue single wide was 25% engulfed. Flames were coming out of the windows and there was a lot of smoke damage.

Firefighters went to work and had the flames quickly knocked down. The fire did spread from the trailer and start a small brush fire, but the volunteers handled that as well. The trailer was unoccupied and only used for storage.

It’s not certain what caused this fire, but Chief Seguine says that after finding the point of origin, it appears that there may have been a chemical reaction that led to spontaneous combustion. Fabric and knitting supplies were packed tight into the trailer. Seguine believes that enamel paint or other combustible material leaked into the tightly packed fabric.

No one was injured in the fire, but the trailer and the belongings inside were heavily damaged.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

KSRW · 1280 N. Main St. Suite J · Bishop, CA 93514 · 760-873-5329
Positive Projections Web Design