Small Fire in Mammoth Caused by Heat Tape

With trucks stationed at the ready for the 20th annual Jazz Jubilee fireworks Saturday night, Mammoth firefighters were called out to respond to a structure fire at the Val Disere apartments on Hillside.

When fire fighters arrived on scene, they found that the quick work of a Mammoth Police Officer with a fire extinguisher had knocked the flames down. The fire fighters climbed onto the roof to finish the job.

Mammoth Fire Chief Brent Harper reports that there was minor damage to the roof and no one was hurt. Harper reports that this fire was caused by a short circuit in heat tape that was in the rain gutter.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

KSRW · 1280 N. Main St. Suite J · Bishop, CA 93514 · 760-873-5329
Positive Projections Web Design