CHP news release
CHP Bridgeport is releasing the names of the involved parties from the fatal traffic collision on 10/03/2019 at 11:47 AM.
- Driver of 1999 Ford – Marvin McChristian, DOB: 08/03/1956, from Mammoth Lakes, CA
The following were all patrons at Mono Cone in Lee Vining, CA:
- Clyde Blackman, fatal injuries, DOB: 08/24/1949, from Ventura, CA
- Jane Blackman, minor injuries, DOB: 08/14/1951, from Ventura, CA
- Joan Montgomery, major injuries, DOB: 11/22/1947 , from Sonoma, CA
- Marlin Montgomery, complaint of pain, DOB: 08/8/1946, from Sonoma, CA
- Barbara Richter, minor injuries, DOB: 12/4/1955, from Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Li Wanlu, minor injuries, DOB: 08/9/1987, from Xi’an, China
- He Wenhue, minor injuries, DOB: 3/19/1987, from Xi’an, China
CHP Bridgeport is continuing to investigate this collision.
On 10/02/2019, At approximately 1150 hours, a 1999 Ford F-250 extra cab pickup was traveling in the northbound number two lane of US 395, just south of First Street, in the town of Lee Vining.
For reasons unknown, the driver allowed the Ford to veer to the right. The Ford traveled in a northeasterly direction across a raised concrete curb and sidewalk and into the parking lot – outdoor dining area of the Mono Cone restaurant.
The Ford collided into four patrons seated at an outdoor table and several patrons standing at the ordering/pick-up windows. Four patrons sustained minor injuries and declined medical aid on scene.
One patron sustained major injuries and was transported to Mammoth hospital by ambulance. One patron was pinned underneath the Ford and sustained major injuries. During transport to the care flight helipad, the patron succumb to his injuries.
The California Highway Patrol is continuing to investigate this collision.
The names of the involved parties are withheld pending official notification of next of kin.
Sierra Wave Media confirmed a CHP Traffic incident report involving a White Ford 250 with camper shell, that struck customers and went thru Mono Cone in Lee Vining at approximately 11:49 am Thursday, October 3. There is one fatality.
Public Information spokes person, Sarah from Mono County Sheriff’s stated three persons were hurt, with one person Care flighted from Lee Vining Airport. No further information was immediately available.
From Kat Greenman